To rip all my CDs to flac I needed more storage anyway, so I went with a
LinkStation HD-HG250. It's more expensive than a simple external USB or
internal drive, but not that much more, and well worth it to me for
being able to run slimserver. For a while I just used it to hold the
music, and continued to run slimserver on an old Dell P3 running Ubuntu
Linux. Last week I used the OpenLink firmware to hack the LinkStation
and install slimserver.

I'm tuning in late to this thread. I have a HD-H250 Linkstation, but I didn't know that I could run slimserver. Can you point me to instructions on how to do this?

Bruce