dborn Wrote:
> I first had slimserver running on a linkstation HD-H160 and now have
> moved up to a HD-HG300. The first was usually fast enough (web update
> was a little slow but not too bad) now in the HG300, it's faster.
>
> I find it quite acceptable and I am not considering moving slimserver
> to a more powerful machine in the forseeable future.
> My music collection has 17500+ tracks (in 1300+ albums) and I have
> slimserver look for artwork too.
>
> The HG model has a 33% faster CPU (266 vs 200 MHz) and double the RAM
> (128 vs 64MB) so it might be better to choose an HG.
>
> Daniel

I have a 160GB model, menu response from the SB2 is typically slower
then running off a Windows XP PC, but generally it is acceptable, if
you do not mind occasional hiccups of one or two seconds.

However, dont even think about using it when running a rescan, you will
have to wait minutes for each key stroke.

--
agentsmith