Well, there's an existing bug where DHCP requests an IP address with the
wrong MAC when the SB2 is in bridging mode.  It's possible there could
be other bugs related to that, although I've never seen any of what you
describe.  You might want to set it to a static address, if you haven't
already.

If it has a static ip and still does that... you might have a hardware
problem.  I have two Squeezeboxen here, and they have been absolutely
flawless for me in bridging so far. Admittedly, I haven't done any
really super-bandwidth-intensive stuff with them, but I've _never_ seen
them crash or act even a tiny bit funny.

Since you haven't gotten any other replies, I'd tend to think it's a
hardware problem. (which is a bummer, but at least it should be
fixable... not something you're stuck with.)

--
Malor