By looking around through this board I came to the conclusion that SB
should be able to playback WAV and FLAC files gaplessly. But still I am
not able to reproduce this.

My system:
Pentium 2,4GHz with Slimserver 6.2.1 running
SB3 connected directly (via ethernet crossover cable) to PC

When I started playing back my audio files (all FLAC 1.1.2) I realized
that there is a gap (although a very small one) when transitioning from
one track to another. Strangely enough playback of the same files with
SoftSqueeze 2.3 does not show this behaviour.

So I started to do some testing on this feature but results were not
very satisfactory. With Audacity I created two WAV files of exactly 30
seconds with a 1kHz test tone. I also converted those files to FLAC
using FLAC version 1.1.2 (tried 1.1.1 as well, but test results did not
change).

I can play back those files gaplessly in Winamp and foobar2000. As
mentioned already playback with SoftSqueeze 2.3 is gapless as well.
However when I start playing back the files on my new SB3 there is a
small click between the tracks.

Did someone see the same behaviour or can someone verify it? Am I doing
something wrong here? When playing ripped CD's the gap is sometimes hard
to notice but it is definetly there.

I also played around with different Slimserver/SB firmware versions:
- Slimserver 6.1.1 with firmware 15
- Slimserver 6.2.2 nightly build 06/02/20 with firmware 33

The gap when playing back FLAC resp. WAV was not affected and still
there. Besides I have some reproducible strange noice (clicking) when
playing back the sine tone with firmware 33.

--
thomyk