Kyle Wrote:
> My pc sits in my bedroom, and the fan is noisy, so I have to put it to
> sleep at night.  Maybe that's best, but it keeps me from being able to
> turn on my SB3 without waking up the computer.  I know there are quiet
> fans, but are they really much quieter than my stock Dell fan?  Do I
> need a CPU fan, a case fan or both?  What's the best way to have a
> nearly silent desktop computer?  Also, is it better to let the computer
> sleep at night?

This is a very big topic, I'd recommend hanging out at
silentpcreview.com to learn more. But the simple answers to your
questions are:

Yes, much.

Both, in most cases.

Well the very best way is to get rid of all the fans, but that severely
restricts what components you can use so not so good for most people.
Personally I use Zalman CPU & GPU coolers, a Panaflo case fan, Seasonic
PSU and passively cooled northbridge. Even with 4 HDDs in the box
(Seagate are my choice) it's basically inaudible from a seated
position.

--
radish