radish wrote:
> > If I try to connect to stream.mp3 at this point I get a synch error in
> > Winamp. Ok, there's no stream happening, so I understand that. I guess.
> That bit sounds wrong. You should get a silent stream.

        I concur.  I just tried this very thing this AM in an effort to
        debug something related to the player itself.

        As soon as you point xmms/winamp at [yoururl]:9000/stream.mp3 you
        should get a silent stream at 320K.  That's how you can tell if
        slim is even running without looking for processes.

        Just my experience.

--
Chip Hart - Pediatric Solutions  *  Physician's Computer Company
chip @ pcc.com                   *  1 Main St. #7, Winooski, VT 05404