1 device to 1 computer correlation would strike me as a deal-killer.

Also, I'd be a bit skeptical about the audio quality out of a
networking-oriented company... but who knows?

Display and remote aren't huge things for me.

And while at first I didn't really "get" or appreciate slimserver, I
now really understand the massive benefits of a tag-database-based
interface - the practical organizational benefits of this design makes
tags truly useful to me for the first time and provide by far the best
playback and music-access interface of any PC-based player I've ever
used (and prying me away from WinAmp was no small task), even though
the actual GUI can be a bit klunky.  The webserver implementation is
also a great thing, really making client-side device control both
generic and very portable, and is a huge convenience with a ton of
sex-appeal.

--
joncourage