    From: "Jack Coates"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Sent: 25/02/06 05:28:47
    To: "Slim Devices Discussion"<discuss@lists.slimdevices.com>
    Subject: Re: [slim] Re: Is there a play history feature?

    > I too think that a history log for songs played from your music library
    > would be useful (particularly for those with large collections) .... it
    > could be set up as a recently played list and from the webinterface you
    > could define how many tracks are to be kept in the list - say the last
    > 100 tracks...
    >
    > I dont know any kind of programming that would enable me to develope
    > such a plugin - although I would be interested in learning.. however
    > where does a newbi like myself start?

    Simply extend the database schema by one column, record the time played in
    there, and then copy the new music feature :) Oh wait, that's not very
    simple... maybe I'll just finish cleaning out the inbox and go to bed. in
    the meantime, use slimscrobbler and last.fm to get what you want.

    --
    Jack Coates At Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture!
    "I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin, so across the Western

[Message truncated. Tap Edit->Mark for Download to get remaining portion.]