I have found that the beta 6.5x is much, much faster than 6.2.x and as best I can tell it is pretty close to being bug free and 'ready' for general release.  I would give that a try.  don't know Linux too well,. but on Windows, I would definately completely remove previous version and reinstall.

I am using it with Fishbone, about 13K songs on a PIV 2.8 with 512 RAM and the browse music (artist, album etc) works great.

On 2/26/06, jonmyatt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

stinkingpig Wrote:
> >[color=blue]
> browse music folder is a lot slower than the other methods. Also,
> which
> skin are you using? If you specify Light or Handheld and Browse New
> Music,
> does that perform well? Is the browser on localhost, or on another
> machine?

Hi, I was using fishbone. I tried Light and that's a lot better (but I
don't like it!).

The browser's on another machine - I've tried a few different PCs
around the house and they're all the same.

So why is the fishbone skin so much slower?

Jon.

--
jonmyatt