on 2006-02-26 18:30 Michaelwagner said the following:
OK, I can understand why you'd want multiple genres and multiple
artists for a track, but why multiple titles?

Is this for, like
"The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss)" Cher ?

So it would show up under both if I recoded it as
"The Shoop Shoop Song;It's in His Kiss"

I'd personally keep the parentheses in that case. I use multiple titles when a single track from a CD has more than one title. For example:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon - 01:
    Speak To Me / Breathe

Brian Wilson - Smile - 05:
    Old Master Painter / You Are My Sunshine

Green Day - Bullet In A Bible - 10:
    King For A Day / Shout

Basically, anything which would be listed on a CD with a forward-slash in it. Live albums have a few of these, when bands segue between two songs but keep them as single tracks on the CD. I have several soundtracks with multiple titles on some tracks (tends to be original music rather than compilations of music released elsewhere). And some studio albums just have more than one title on some tracks.

Obviously one could include the separating slash literally in the title tag, but I prefer to keep the titles distinct (the ability to do this in Vorbis tags made me really think about the semantics of one-versus-many tags when I ripped everything). This is especially important given that some titles seem to contain slashes as part of a single title (although it's not always obvious how to tell that it's not multiple titles!).

I remember asking for multiple titles to be supported last year (as I thought that lack of support was a bug). I believe the need for it wasn't necessarily immediately understood, but the change was made nonetheless (by Dean, I think). The responsiveness of SlimDevices continues to impress!

Cheers,
Steve

--
Steve Tregidgo