The Dlink doesn't have a TV display either...  it just takes sound
output through virtual device driver, wraps it in IP and sends it to
the device...

As someone else pointed out, that will include all the bleeps and
bloops and clicks that Windows likes to make, too...

The device baffles me because I really do see no use for it at all.
This PC I'm typing on is just around the corner from where I listen to
music most of the time.. I could put an amp in here and run speaker
wire into there... and it would sound fine... but.. I'd have to get my
ass off the couch to change songs.

Ick.

Back to the couch now, in fact. :P

edit: (oops, not dlink, linksys.. whatever, it's still just a virtual
speaker wire.)

--
snarlydwarf