Yet again I've managed to find the solution. The latest version of
ProntoEdit NG has a "duration" option per button press. By setting that
to .2 secs it stops it sending two keypresses instead of one when going
through the RF-IR converter. Much easier than editing the raw IR codes
as I've done in the past (I was an early adopter - pre ordered my
original TS-1000 from Jack Schulz and managed to get the first one to
hit UK shores)

I'll find the optimum setting (using Newton's method) and then edit the
entire file and upload it somewhere. My graphics aren't particularly
clever - I use the default set from the RC-5200, adopted from Daniel
Tonks's first custom buttons for the original TS-1000 but the IR codes
are stored on seperate buttons adapted from Jonathan Schalliol's
TS-2000 CCF. One great thing about the NG prontos is that the extra
hard buttons generally mean you can cut the number of panels in half.

One of these days I'll get around to using the native graphics of the
950!

I'm really enjoying playing with the Squeezebox and becoming part of
the community. Do a search on my posts and you'll find that I appear to
have discovered a number of problems and solutions since last Thursday
when I first loaded the software.

What a fantastic bit of kit!

Tim

--