Triode made some changes for 6.5 that address some of this but I don't
think there's a preference yet.  I believe you can add your desired
sort directly as a parameter in the URL.

I was working on adding a preference and fixing a lingering issue (you
cannot specify the proper sort for an artist with more than one album
released in the same year), but since Dan Sully would not respond to my
emails asking whether I could make a database schema change, after
several attempts, I gave up and decided to just keep my diffs local.

greg