kyleki wrote:
I run slimserver on the Linux side of a dual boot machine.  Sometimes I
do boot into Windows which leaves my SB2 display blank until I boot
back to Linux.  The machine is always running, but not always in a
'slim-friendly' way. ;-)

The main reason I don't also run slimserver from the Windows side is
all the music is currently stored on a logical volume under Fedora Core
4, which Windows can't mount/see.  Plus, I'd really hate to deal with
running perl under Windows... yuck!

You could either lay down $100 or so for a machine to run Slimserver in Linux, or just convert the share with the MP3s to something both OSes can mount and run slimserver on both sides.

Or.. just do the logical thing and stay in Linux =).

--mikeb