Hi,

I was an old SB2 user that eventually abandoned it because of chronic issues with the box and the server software. This was about 9 months ago. Recently, lured by both Squeezenetwork (generally) and Pandora (specifically) I jumped back in and bought 2 lovely new black SB3s. Connecting to the Squeezenetwork is a breeze and Pandora works brilliantly.

Problem I am having, and it was an intermittent problem before that seems to be worse now, is scanning. I have aa large CD collection and about 2500 are ripped to two Buffalo SAN boxes (which I highly recommend after being burned by LaCie, TWICE). When I scan, I end up with 340 albums and 602 songs by 216 artists. Many albums are one or two songs long, despite having the entire album available on the SAN. My Itunes database is correct, and everything is fully playable off of the Mac (that is, I have tested that the music is still there in Itunes with success). To begin with, I have just instructed Slim Server to reference my Itunes file, rather than going through the trouble of mapping the drives in SS (although I can be persuaded otherwise). Am running 6.2.1 Slim Server (which seems to be the latest version, unless I have missed something on the slimdevices website).

I am running a Dual 2.5 Mac G5 (latest OS X) with 4gb of ram. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very excited with the look and performance of the new boxes (and have already helped sell two more to friends through my enthusiasm), but this problem definitely rubs some of the polish off of my experience, and any help you can provide would be dearly appreciated...

Chris