* Michaelwagner shaped the electrons to say...

I went looking for a picture of "our" machine, but couldn't find any
online. We had a Cray XMP on our machine floor. In the '80s, these were
considered top of the line cryptanalysis machines. We didn't use them
for that - we (well, the people we worked for) were solving chemistry
and astronomy problems with them. But they sure were impressive
machines for the time.

When I worked at NASA in the late 90's, the Cray X-MP and Y-MP machines were
being retired. At one point a Y-MP was sitting outside my cubicle, next to
the bathroom in the hallway.

-D
--
<noah> I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.