dborn Wrote:
> Resanning everything is understandably slow in my case but doing a
> "rescan playlists" should take only seconds with a single playlist of
> 10 songs...?

Yes, AFAIK it should take under a minute.  Have you tried enabling the
d_scan debugging output and running a "playlists only" rescan ?  If you
look at the log output, this may give you an idea of why it's taking so
long.  It may be that there's a file reference that Slimserver doesn't
like. I used to have problems with playlists because they were created
with "T:My Music/filename" whereas SS wants to see "//usr/My
Music/filename".

You can also zip the output file up and post it here and others can
advise.

--
Siduhe