Um, even amongst the so-called audio-snobs, there is plenty of
disagreement (as I mentioned earlier this week: which is better, coax
or fiber?  is a $100 speaker cable better than Home Depot zip cord?).

Relax, you have substantially "better" equipment than I do, and no one
has chased me out of here.

It's all about the music: if you can hear a difference, good for you.
If you can't, you can save a small fortune on equipment and buy more
cd's.

(I won't even get into the abstract stuff: if recordings are mastered
to sound 'right' on standard home equipment with non-flat response...
wouldn't you want a non-flat system so that you could match what the
engineer wanted you to hear?)

Ie, if most home systems have a dropoff at 16khz, and yours doesn't...
won't that be the same as having a peak at 16khz?

What sounds 'better' is entirely subjective and it may not match what
the engineer of the recording had in mind, but they don't shipping 8 or
16 track master recordings out so that we can mix them ourselves.

--
snarlydwarf