I actually came to the forums earlier this afternoon with the intent of
asking/suggesting about making a nicer interface than the web page
through which I currently talk to my SB2.  A quick search brought up
this thread and it really grabbed my attention.

I've installed Moose v0.26 on two of my computers now and am happy to
report that it is working quite well for the most part.  What a
fantastic program!  Anyone out there who is looking for a nice GUI
front-end to Slim Server should try this out!  This program is great
for being able to scroll through your music and add songs to the
playlist.  It's a heck of a lot nicer to look at than that boring web
page.  It makes SS feel a lot more like the media players I've become
accustomed to.

Thank you, Dr. Lovegrove for putting this together!  This application
has breathed new excitement into my SB2!

I did have one problem -- I'm trying to scan the Slim Server library
from a *different* computer using the SQlite mode.  Every time I do
this Moose crashes!  I worked around this by doing the "folder" mode.

Other things that are non critical but would be nice would be to have
the option to be able to view all albums (currently you can only view
all artists and then by clicking on an artist you can see their
albums).  It would also be nice to be able to right-click on songs in
the library and choose Add/Insert/Play.  Same goes for right-clicking
on an artist or an album...  The current layout of the library makes it
very "laborsome" to click on a song way down at the bottom left of the
screen and then go way up to the top right to add it to the play list.
Minor things, but would be nice.

Anyways, kudos to Dr. Lovegrove on his application.  Very nice!  A big
thank you to him for all the hours he put into making this a useful
program.

--
bgriffis