smurfk1 Wrote:
> Thanks Jim. You are correct that I cannot connect to SqueezeNet either.
> The IP address shown is the correct IP, but I hadn't considered that it
> might be cached by the Squeezebox3.
I said the SlimServer address will be remembered.  From what I've seen,
I don't believe the SB caches its own IP address (although that might be
the smart thing to do; in either case a good clear indication when it
failed to get a DHCP address would be nice).

> If the IP address shown is cached (and therefore not necisarily correct
> or active at the time it's displayed) the issue may be someplace else,
> but I can eliminate most.
>
> Remember, I can connect using no password or WEP, just not with WPA. So
> my IP info must be fine, SlimServer is running, etc.
Yes, that tells you that SlimServer and the machine on which it is
running are probably configured correctly.  No firewalls or similar
issues.

> It seems to me that there is simply an issue with WPA and maybe it is a
> time-out issue (which I also never considered.)  I suppose that I can
> return this router, but there's no guarantee that company X's WPA
> router configuration is no more compatible to SqueezeBox than D-Links.
>
> I'm going to give D-Link a call tomorrow to see if they have any ideas,
> but for now I guess I need to choose between a secure network or a
> musically friendly one!
I'd be surprised if D-Link will be able to help.  About your only
recourse there might be to try older versions of the firmware for the
device.

There are still some definite issues with the Squeezebox 3 firmware and
many wireless access points, so you just may have to live with WEP until
(if) Slim Devices gets those resolved.  Or try a different wireless
router.

--
JJZolx

Jim