-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jack Coates
Sent: 14 March 2006 15:12
To: Slim Devices Discussion
Subject: Re: [slim] Re: Playing songs purchased from iTunes Store

NWP wrote:
> There is good information about ITunes and their encryption here:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FairPlay
>
> This came into play for me just the other day.  I had been hyping
> Squeezebox and Slimserver to my brother and he was ready to take the
> plunge and give it a try.  Then he mentioned, "Oh yeah, this will play
> all the songs I've been buying on ITunes, right?"  Grrrrrr [EMAIL PROTECTED]@$
>
> Microsoft takes a ton of crap for their monopolistic practices ( M$ lol
> etc), but I don't think they've ever really pissed me off as much as
> this ITunes encryption does.  I encourage everyone to spread the word
> whenever they hear someone using ITunes to buy music.  You not only buy
> music, you are buying into the necessity to buy your hardware from Apple
> whenever you want to play that music.

I've tried rationally explaining the issue a number of times, but it's
usually water off a duck's back, no matter how I explain it. So now I
just mock my iTunes using friends whenever they run into a problem. "I
told you so!" seems much more effective.

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's a Scientific Venture...
Riding the Emergency Third Rail Power Trip Since 1996