Have you seen this review?
http://www.pocketpcmag.com/_archives/May02/SIMpad.asp?404=was

It runs Linux too:
http://www.opensimpad.org/

I'm assuming you want to use this for the SlimServer web interface ...
the question is, how is the device's web browser performance?  I am
accessing the web interface via an ePods (MIPS CPU / WinCE 2.11 / IE4)
and the performance is less than stellar - with the number of items per
page in SlimServer set to only 20, it takes 6 to 8 seconds to bring up
each "browse by artists" page; if I set the items per page to the
default of 50, it takes about 10 seconds.  The upside is, album covers
look great on the ePods large screen (similar to the Simpad).

The Simpad has a faster CPU and a more current version of WinCE, so
hopefully it'll do better ...

--
Jon