Jon:
That's pretty much what I ended up doing, other than the factory reset
of the firmware. What is a "factory reset"?

I suppose I should also contact tech support, and file a bug report or
add to your bug report if you get there first. Just to get it more
visible on their radar screens.

As our symptoms and solutions were so similar, I think we're looking at
the same bug. Since I got it cleared up, however, there's still one
thing that's not quite right. Several of the BBC streams on
SqueezeNetwork have suddenly started rebooting my wired SB2, even
though they work fine on my wireless SB3. Because it's SQN, slimserver
is out of the equation, so it has to be firmware or hardware. Because
the SB2 and SB3 hardware is essentially the same, I'm afraid it's
something wrong with the SB2, but could you do me a favor and try it
out?

The easiest way is to login to SQN, and go to Internet Radio / Slim
Devices Picks / By City / London, UK and try the 4 or so BBC channels
there. At least one of them worked on the SB2, and at least 2 of them
rebooted the SB2. Thanks!
-Ken

--
aubuti