kanoot Wrote:
> Just to let you know, I've been using tiger and slimserver with no
> problems at all.
>
> I will look and see if I can find such a thing on my system too - but
> let me suggest that you look around and try to find a cache file for
> the slimserver preference pane - or for all panes in general. Blowing
> that away might help if there is one.
>
> I'll get back to you if I find such a beast.

Hmmm... an intriguing suggestion. Apparently I've got some quirky thing
going on because other users with the same OS upgrade haven't had the
same problem. That's a relief.

So what files do you mean? I deleted the usual
~/Library/Caches/SlimServer directory before I started the round of
reinstallations, of course. Do you mean either of these files?

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.preferencepanes.cache
~/Library/Caches/com.apple.preferencepanes.searchindexcache

They are the only files in that directory that have recent revision
dates. Is it safe to delete these wrt other apps on the preference
pane?

btw this came up in the other thread I started as a result of this
event, but I'll mention it here for completeness--I did the usual round
of repairing permissions and deleting the *slim*.plist file.

Cheers,

Ariel

--
trebejo