You're probably right. I just thought people might like to know what the
limitations are. The specifications don't even state the type or speed
of processor so its very hard to know what its going to be like until
you try one.

Maybe 7Mb/sec isn't bad for a 100Mbit network connection. The Qnap is
supposed to have a 1Gbit network connection.

I didn't say it was unusable, only that it was slower than I would have
liked. Don't forget there will be people hoping to use a PDA or a Nokia
770 as a remote.

I'm not saying it isn't a good device. Its just that the slow processor
means its not quite as flexible as I had hoped. But then I don't imagine
anyone was expecting a Pentium 4 for the price.

--
shawkie