Here's a twist. Because I am using mp3 files, I thought I should use
TSOP to sort my artists. I tried and failed. I was surprised, since I
thought this would be supported, based on my reading of
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?SlimServerSupportedTags and
various discussion threads. I then took a closer look at my tags and I
realised that, despite being mp3s, my files were tagged with ARTIST
rather than TPE1. This will certainly because the files were all
produced in bulk from FLAC files using foobar2000, so presumably the
FLAC ARTIST (and other) tags were just passed over. Am I to assume from
this that TSOP only works if TPE1 is present?

Sean.

--
smc2911