hifisteve wrote:
Now remembering that I'm a computer fool, my network connection is via a
Belkin USB 'widget' plugged into a 2 port USB2 card
which I fitted because my PC (which is about 2+ yrs old) didn't have
any USB2.0 ports as standard.

So I'm not using the motherboard fitted network socket and I don't
recal connecting any cables when I installed the card.

I'm stuffed aren't I?

as long as you're using that widget, probably. However, why? If the PC is about 2+ years old, it should have an ethernet port on the motherboard.

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's a Scientific Venture...
Riding the Emergency Third Rail Power Trip Since 1996