Since I just got a USB drive enclosure and a 250 GB backup drive, I'm
playing around with this today.

I wanted to use XXCOPY, and so far I have it doing a nice backup with
the \BU switch.  This will ignore any files that haven't changed, add
any that were added in the source drive and modify any that were
modified in the source drive.

The only thing I *can't* get it to do is to delete files that were
deleted in the source directory.  I tried the /RD and /RX switches but
both wanted to remove the whole destination directory!  :-O Thank
goodness it asked first.

Did I miss something with XXCOPY?  The other delete switches all deal
with deleting files in the source directory, which is not what you want
to do with a backup...

So I'll play with robocopy now and see if it does what I want.

--
Mark Lanctot