results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=22423
Question: France Vs Apple

- Apple are right
- The French are right
- Both are wrong, I have a better solution (explain)
- What's France?

stinkingpig Wrote:

> Let's remind ourselves this is a luxury product we're talking about --
> it's not like the little guy is being screwed for his daily bread.

Well of course not, this is a luxury item related forum and thats what
we like to talk about :)

I agree with what you are saying regarding people voting with thier
wallet. But as mark touched on, it's the wider context thats
interesting here. This is the first time anyone has seriously
challanged, at governemt level, the use DRM and an anti-competition
method. Locking down DRM to a single product manufacturer does nothing
to aid the fight again piracy (if anything, it fuels it). It's pure
profitering. Nothing wrong with that, it's a free market, But this kind
of missuse of the technolgy and missleading the public is only hindering
the free market.

You might not give a monkeys ass about itunes, ipods or even the
french, but this could have positive implications for us all.

--
dangerous_dom