Glad you're "feeling the love" Paul, you deserve it for bringing NAS
based music streamers to the hacking illiterate.

Just to report I'm having some odd behaviour problems with the Qnap
now, but I think it's network related rather than Qnap, but I'll post
it just in case and also let you know if I solve it.
The upload speed to the Qnap is fine, but the download speed has
suddenly dropped to about 120kB/s over a 54Mb/s wifi network.  What is
more bizare is that if I kick off a download from some external
website, the traffic flow jumps from 120kB/s to 1.4Mb/s, which is much
more like what I had previously.  Since my broadband is only 2Mb, I
generally only get download sppeds of about 120kB, so the jump on data
transfer isn't due to a significant increase in traffic from the
download, but it seems to free something up in the router.

All this started when I enabled the webserver functions of the Qnap,
the WAN access to my router and put the Qnap into the DMZ.

I'm off to discuss this on some networking forums, because I think it's
down to my own ineptitude, but if others are suffering similar problems,
then any solution I can find might help.

--
Sanctum