Although, as one of the few [?] girls that seems to hang out here, I do
find some of the "pat her on the head, it's technology" type posts that
(occasionally) come up here as fundamentally depressing.

[Not referring to Skunk's post here - but the "Kia for the wife" post a
couple below is a good example].

Hardly a card-carrying feminist, but IMHO *people* are either into
technology or not, geeky or not, prone to pulling stuff apart or not.
It's just that us girls know better than to impugn our husbands'
prowess with a screwdriver on a public message board...[TIFC for the
avoidance of all doubt]

--
Siduhe