<<Well, if only "some" of your albums misbehave in this way, there must
be something different about them!>>

I thought so. Today I found that one album gets listed twice, i.e. it
contains 16 songs and if I add it to the playlist, SlimServer will add
32 songs, each song twice. I've found this in just one album so far
(Les Paul-American made-World Played, bought at allofMP3.com in 180kB
VBR).

<<And don't assume that just because iTunes plays them ok, that there
isn't something odd about the tags.  You really should have a good look
at the tags with mp3tag.>>

As a mac user (no mp3tag) what else can I do check the tags?

<<For example, if these are MP3 files, and you have both ID3v1 and
ID3v2 tags present, Slimserver gets confused and may well behave
differently from iTunes.>>

The files in question where SlimServer plays song#8 1st, are AAC,
encoded with iTunes, so there should be no issue on just a single
album.

<<Are you browsing by Music Folder, or by Artist/Album?>>

I don't understand that question. I have 'use iTunes' checked and Slim
does use my iT playlists, albums, etc. Where can I set the pref you're
mentioning?

<<Is "shuffle by album" turned off?>>

Yes.

<<Keep talking, we'll get you sorted out soon enough!>>

That' what friends are for! Thanks for you help so far.

-Hans, sunny Bavarian outback.

--
drhanso