khuongkt Wrote:
> It seems I have run into another problem. I'm not sure if the problem
> lies with SlimServer or Softsqueeze, but on certain .WAV tracks the
> output from my notebook has accelerated speed, like if someone had
> messed with audio editing. I'm sure you've heard it before: the vocals
> take on a high-pitched tone, and it makes you laugh. For the record,
> these .WAV files were recorded by me from DVDs (though one of them
> plays fine). The MP3s I tested play fine. I have not changed any
> settings that I'm aware of.
>
> Does any one have any explanations for this? I will use FLAC for my
> real music library, though.
>
> Thanks.

The output from your notebook?  What are you playing it back with?

What sample rate are the DVD tracks?  The Squeezebox can play 44.1 and
48 kHz files.  It cannot play back 96 kHz material - it leads to
playback speed problems, exactly like you state.

There's a lot of 96 kHz material on music DVDs.

--
Mark Lanctot