I've seen some weird behavior as well with this version: 6.2.2 - 6804 -
Linux - EN - iso-8859-1

When rescanning the library from scratch, I noticed the db files
stopped growing.  After a few hours I looked to see what it was doing
and it seemed to be stuck in a recursive symlink while trying to walk
the directory stucture.  Odd thing was, it was doing this well outside
the music library area.  I deleted the recursive symlink and it then
just sat getting the current time of day over and over.

I killed slimserver and restarted it.  The db file(s) it created seemed
to be ok because it didn't complain.

--
rudholm