Martin,
I have 4 of these wonderful devices and they work great in the UK for
streaming 192kps mp3 to a mix of SB2s & SB3s for the last few months.
(I missed delivery of 3 more today.) I will shut down my wireless
system as being too flacky to survive in real world conditions when
these show up. Several friends have 2-3 of these without problems. None
of us are near your bandwidth though and we don't use FLAC.

As a workaround, try to bandwidth limit your network using the Player
Setting BITRATE LIMITING. Your music should play fine while you debug
the situation.  That will take the pressure off, because it sounds
really good. You can use the bitrate to determine where the network
breaks down too.

I'd recommend temporarily moving the SB3/Devolo system to the next plug
over from the one connected to the Router's Devolo. If it won't work
there using FLAC, then re-check your calculations on FLAC bandwidth. If
it works fine there, try other plugs and see what your sensitivity is to
the uncontrolled house wiring situation. (If you are in the US, moving
it close eliminates a L1-L2 problem.) If it does not work there, at
least you are close to the computer and can debug everything without
getting up!

If you are on Windows, you can check the Networking bandwith on the
task manager and see if it matches your calculations. Likewise you can
look at how it loads your SB3. One sharp peak is good. If it trails out
for many, many seconds, it is struggling to keep up. That tab will also
tell you about your bandwidth card. You need a 100BaseT to keep up with
the Devolo. 10BaseT "might" work, but is the limiting factor. For
reference, my six units load up at about 2.7% of a 1Gbs for about 6
seconds across a combination of wired, wireless and Devolo units. The
Wireless units stretch this out to another 30 seconds at 0.3%.

You could turn on the buffer full option display on the SB3 for more
information. (I think it is a plugin and a screensaver option.) All
that will do is prove the SB3 is starving for data I expect. While
interesting, it served only to confirm that the problem I was having
was wireless data starvation.

You also do not say what processor you are running. Look at the CPU
load and if it is more than a few % to Slim.exe steady state, you may
have a different problem. If that occurs, download the latest 6.2.2
beta and see if that helps. That is what I run.

Anyway all the best and enjoy the journey!
Dennis

--
dennisd