You may want to spend some time reading the posts on the Bufallo forum
vs. the Infrant forum.  Quite a difference and it is what made me
choose first the X6, then follow that up with an NV.  I have had 0
issues with my units.

My NV has been "up" for over 4 weeks, running SS non-stop.  I do not
know how to write Linux, so home-grown was not an option and I've never
had my PC up for 4 weeks without a reboot (even if it is just for a
security patch re-boot).

My neighbor and good friend also has an NV, and his has also been
trouble-free.  He is running 4x500, and my HDDs are 4x300.

YMMV

--
Jetlag