Maybe I'm lucky, put I've installed 2 ReadyNAS X6 and they've all been almost braindead to install. Their are several models and I'm not aware of that many issues with the X6 model.

I recommend the X6 model BTW, and once I installed 4 SATA drives, I plugged it in, waited 4 hours and had a RAID server.

Did the same to second, with same success. On this one, I installed the Slimserver plugin and copied my FLAC files to the NAS.

Did a rescan and bingo, one Slimserver. Been streaming loseless around the house to 5 Squeezeboxes for several months without a single problem. No dropouts, and no throughput issues both to wired and wireless Squeezeboxes.

File performance to the X6 File server exceeded that of the PC file server it replaced with 10K SCSI 320 RAID and an Intel gigabit card.

The boxes are plug into one of the higher end 24port gigabit switches.

Each box creates snapshots every 12 hours and back up to each other once a month.

I've installed these to other people and can certainly recommend them as a fine good NAS slimserver device.