Ok, so I know the primary purpoe of Slimserver is to stream to a
Squeezebox, but it would be nice to be able to stream to my psp as I
work around the house.

I tried modifying the handheld skin to use the RSS functionality in the
2.6 firmware on the PSP, but I always got an error.

I originally thought that this was due to using a non-standard port for
http, but now I don't believe that to be the case. I think it's down to
the http responses from Slims web server.

Last night on digg, I found a link to this little utility which creates
a small http server on 8080 which streams from your itunes libary.
http://www.skattertech.com/2006/04/stream-itunes-library-to-psp/

It seems to be written in perl and uses the HTTP::Server CPAN module.
Would be nice if it's functionality could be integrated into
Slimserver. Wonder would the author open source it?

--
oreillymj