tyler_durden Wrote:
> A lot of people like to ditch the jewel boxes and put the discs into
> albums.  You can get nylon covered albums that hold 100 CDs pretty
> cheaply.  I think some may even go as high as 300 CDs, but something
> like that would be pretty heavy.
>
> I have put my CDs, with jewel cases, into color coded cardboard boxes.
> I use Feurio for my CD Data base.  I printed out the disc artist and
> titles from that data base and taped a copy of the printout that shows
> the contents of each box to each box, and made one copy that has all of
> them listed and the box colors where they are located.  That printout is
> in a binder in a drawer for easy reference.  Now when I want a disc I
> can either go to the boxes in the closet and find the right one by
> looking at the printout on the box, or I can look up the color in the
> bound printout and go straight to the box in question.  The system is
> infinitely expandable which doesn't matter because I don't get new
> music very often any more.

I did something similar.  I purchased 7 Case-Logic 320 disc holders,
and placed the CD and its cover art into two slots.  This holds 160 CDs
/ case, and is not a weight problem.  I've numbered every other slot on
a page with laser-printed labels, and I use J. River's Media Center to
catalog and reference each CD (as well as ripped tracks).  Artwork is
of course available via slimserver's web, any media player, and of
course the cases themselves.  New CDs go to the next empty slot, and I
just add the CD and my reference ID into Media Center.  I love this
system, and wish I would have thought of doing it years ago.  I hated
all those jewel cases and the dusty racks required to hold them.

If anyone wants hundreds of jewel cases...

--
MrC