Bennett, Gavin (LDN Int) Wrote:
> Windows has some major bad points but if done carefuly can very
> succesful.
> My next project is too add Exchange Server, Outlook Web Access and a
> HTTPS
> web site to the slimp3 server - it has plenty of capacity to run these
> as
> well.

I've got an Athlon XP3200+ with 2 Gig of RAM - 4x 120Gig drives
arranged in software raid 0 just for user data (including music) and it
easily copes with running Small Business Server 2003, which includes
Exchange, OWA etc, plus Network Associates centrally managed Anti-Virus
software, Windows Software Update Services, Diskeeper, Veritas Backup
and Slimserver. It supports 10 PC clients (all wireless with a network
of 3 Access Points) and 3 Squeezebox 3s. Slimserver adds virtually no
load at all to the server.

Having said that if I try running any of the nightlies with the latest
firmware all 3 stop playing at seemingly random points.

Tim

--
timmorris