Use VNC.  Run the server on one machine and the client on the other.  Then you can have a small window of the recording machines desktop open while you use the graphics machine.  (Unless its not appropriate to have the recording SW display on the graphics display.  Do you actually display CG during the service?)

In that case, just find a cheap monitor (I'm sure someone from the congregation would donate one, even an old small one that works but they'd have to pay to throw away.)  But I guess there's no space for that?

VNC is free.