results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19369
Question: Do you have a 770?

- Got it
- Want it
- Need it
- Forget it

kdf Wrote:
> On 21-Apr-06, at 7:23 AM, bklaas wrote:
>

> > I'm seeing nothing about cost except "free" on the MusicIP website.
> Can
> > anyone confirm that? I'm not interested in opening my wallet for
> > this...
> >
> you can easily get a trial key, and wendell (code guru for musicIP) is
>
> very generous with longer term keys for those developing musicIP
> features if needed.  However, I think the new plan over there is to
> allow the http API as a free feature.  I'll can provide you with a
> simple patch to add the mix links to the browse modes, and all you need
>
> is a new fitting graphic for b_mix.gif (moodlogic) and b_mmmix.gif
> (musicIP)
> -kdf

thanks, KDF. I'm still a little confused how MusicMatch is supposed to
fit into the Slimserver UI. MusicMatch makes playlists, right? Where
would a user be looking on the Slimserver web interface for MusicMatch
functionality? Clicking on the "Browse Playlist" link? Maybe it's just
Friday, but I don't think I'm getting it...

I downloaded the linux MusicIP program and took a look. As far as I can
tell it at least *looks* free. If there's a cost associated with it they
hide it quite well.

Before I run this program against my library, I still want to know if
MusicIP edits ID3 tags. Anyone know?

#!/ben

--
bklaas