I think the SB3 is amazingly well made for the price, good quality
mouldings, good display and if you take it apart, the quality of
construction is fine. The display is glass and of course it will break
if you drop it. I don't think anyone should seriously think of an SB3
as being a portable device. Besides your "carrying handle" is actually
a stand.

The secret is not to be to mean and only have one SB3. I have three for
the different locations I like to listen to music.

As for the iPod, there's a product which is clearly intended to be
portable yet fails completely to stand up to the wear and tear involved
in being so. You only have to look at the chrome back and it gets
scratched and the fronts are made of a very soft, scratch prone
plastic. So, if you're pointing an accusing finger at inappropriately
designed products, I would point it in Steve Job's direction, not
Sean's. And don't get me started on the lack of a user changeable
battery.

--
Mark Norton