Just to tie this thread off.

We had been trying to reproduce the stuttering problem for a long time.
It was delaying the release of 6.2.2!  Finally, our RMA technician,
Enrico noticed a couple units stuttering.

I loaded firmware 28 on them as many users had reported and the problem
went away!  Only a small fraction of SB3s turned out to have this
symptom, and all the effected the units worked great with firmware 28.

I soldered on a header to allow Richard Titmuss in the UK to debug the
hardware and shipped it to him.  After some investigating, he
discovered that a new SDK from one of our suppliers had a different
default value for bus timing.  He set it back to the old default, and
the problem was cured.

The changes were put into firmware 45, and were officially released in
firmware 48, currently available as part of the Slimserver 6.2.2
download at http://www.slimdevices.com/su_downloads.html

--
ChrisOwens

--