bpa Wrote:
> What OS are you running ?  AFAIK on Linux FAAD2  is used to transocde
> and on Windows/Mac Quicktime libraries are used to transcode AAC files
> which are probably identified by extension m4a.
>
> AACplus streams would need to be identified and then transcoded.  AFAIK
> Slimserver identifies a stream format type by a combination of things
> - protocol (e.g. http, mms, rtsp)
> - extension (e.g. pls, mp3, asx, wma)
> - MIME content type identifier
>
> The file types.conf has the standard values for identifying streams.
>
> AACP plus streams typically have http protocol and pls extension but
> with a MIME content type of "audio/aacp"  so are not identified and
> treated as default - MP3 I think.
>
> Mplayer or FAAD2 could be confgured to play these streams. I think just
> a table entry change is not enough - perhaps a new "protocol" needs to
> be defined.

Thanks bpa, I'll investigate further. I have used the urls in a pls
with no success, but I am able to play AAC+ (HE-AAC) mp4 files resident
on the PC.  I am running XP SP2 and have LAME and Mplayer installed
together with AlienBBC.  I normally play these streams on Winamp and
copy the urls across to Slim Server.  Although "now Playing" info shows
up there is no sound played.

Tks

--
Ramage