Not everything that's portable is capable of surviving a 4 foot drop
unscathed.  The Dell laptop I'm typing this message on, is wireless and
completely portable.    Yet I shudder to think of the consequences of a
4 foot drop onto the kitchen floor.   There would be damage - most
likely significant.

But if I did drop it and destroy it, I would hardly blame the
manufacturer.  Then consider that, while my laptop is portable, the SB3
is NOT portable.  Not in any way, shape or form.  Nor is there really
anything about the unit, nethier in design nor in the instructions,
that suggests portability.  At least not to me.

--
Cleve

McIntosh MX-132 preamp/tuner
McIntosh MC2205 amplifier
McIntosh MC7100 amplifier
McIntosh MAC4100 receiver
Klipsch CF-4 speakers (front and center)
Klipsch CF-3 speakers (surrounds)
Denon DR-M3 Cassette Deck