Thanks Radish!
I was wrong this time too: I kept listening to squeezebox and after
killing slim.exe task it took 47 seconds to the buffer to empty! Wow I
didn't expect a 128k buffer took so long to be emptied!
I shouldn't do tests too late at night, it's easy to get wrong
conclusions ;-)

On the stream.mp3 side I confirm my observation:

If I press stop/pause/skip on the server AND press play on the client
player then the command is accepted and executed instantly by the
server instead of the 6-8 seconds wait.

The server waits from the player acknowledgment to execute the
skip/pause/stop commands or waits some time to do it anyway...
Really wish I could solve this...

Ciao,
V.

--