I have ReadyNAS NV and I find it to work very well with the SB. On the
PROs side, It is easy to configure, easy to update, expandable storage,
RAID5, transfers data on and off the array EXTREMELY fast. They give
excellent service and have an active user forum. 4 drive design allows
expansion up to 2.4TB in RAID 5 redundant array. Your data is protected
from drive failure by a data redundancy scheme. It is upgradable, and
drives are hot swappable. Due to the transfer speed I have seen from
it, I would guess it could easily feed several SBs and a network DVD
player simultaneously. It is the only NAS solution which actively
supports running Slimserver. For me, this was the biggest advantage. I
didn't have to trust some geek on the internet to tell me how to hack
the product and void my warrantee while drastically reduce my music
listening time and reminding me why I left the IT industry.

On the Downsides, slimserver user interface is not as fast on ReadyNAS
as on my pentium 4 PC. That has not been a big problem for me, but I am
more patient now than I was in my youth. It runs faster if you have your
music library well organized and wav files sorted and labelled
correctly, and server configured correctly. You must use the official
Infrant version of Slimserver with the ReadyNAS OS. This means you must
wait until Slim Devices releases an official upgrade before you get ANY
of the updates. You cannot use any of the nightly upgrades available
for small incremental changes. 6.2.2 is now available on infrant, and
this is a very good revision, but undoubtably there will be tweaks that
you will not want to wait a few months to get. The ReadyNAS is loud due
to the cooling fan. This really doesn't matter as long as you have an
ethernet connection somewhere where noise doesn't matter. It is too
loud to have it next to your SB for any critical music listening. Much
louder than a PC. To get the most value out of it, you need a network
in your house, minimum PC + multi-port switch + SB, preferrably router
with WAN for internet radio stations. Last, it is expensive compared to
USB drives, but most Infrant customers feel that they got their money's
worth from Infrant.

Overall, I think it is a good product for serving a very large music
collection to a SqueezeBox.
Rich

--
richidoo