I am so sorry for the problems you and so many others experience. My
research shows the Squeezebox product does not function as advertised,
and often ships with failing components. The Slim Devices company has
succeeded in making a bitter x-customerout of me by wasting my time,
energy, and sanity, expecting me to pay money to test their product.
When I read comments like these over and over:

"If you have a wireless pc, download Netstumbler and check"...

"Focus attention there and on the cable between the SlimServer and the
PC."...

..I have to laugh out loud, and think Slim Devices wants you to become
their guinea pig--a beta tester who paid $300 for a broken product.

I am not writing this to cause bad reactions, and I am not trolling.
The experience made me bitter, and I am typing my feelings here. When I
see people still have these same continued problems after 6.2.2 I am
just about ready to give up visiting this site or caring about this
product. Because I see a tiny seed of something potentially good, I am
still checking back over here. I really hope they fix this product and
stop making customers like you waste all this time and energy.

--
slimdemage