I don't have a solution, but things are better for me.  I have
SlimServer started (it's a service); then I open MusicIP Mixer (I don't
have this set up as a service yet).  Since SS is running, it will see
it, and my preference of SendTo SlimServer remains.  Then I have
SlimServer server setting "plugins" set to "Load on demand'.  This
seems to work for me (although sometimes I have to click on the
"plugins" link to actually force SS to load the now-present MM.

It's not too onerous.  Someday, when work calms down, I'll see what I
can do as far as setting MM up as a service, too, and getting that to
work.  If you succeed ahead of us, please let us in on your knowledge!
Good luck.

Mark :)

--
mrtaber

"To know that one doesn't know is best." - Lao Tzu